Monday, February 11, 2008
Confessions of a bad mommy
So I am posting this as a confession and as a reminder to myself- so I can look back on it and remember that I need to be more careful. I often joke about Andrew, saying he is like a cat and has 9 lives. He has used up quite a few and recently used up 2 more:) Adam is always reminding me to put away the kids medicine. I am not that paranoid about it cause they have the kid proof lids. Right? Well I had children's Motrin on the kitchen counter the other day. Andrew was in the kitchen and I hear him say, "I sorry Mommy." I go in to find him with the OPEN bottle of Motrin in his hand and he says, "I sorry for drinking the medicine Mommy." I smell his breath and sure enough he has had some. I look at the bottle and luckily it is still almost full so I know the most he could have had is about 2 tsp- not enough to worry about. Thank you God. He got the child proof lid undone! Adults have trouble with that stuff. A couple of weeks earlier I found him in the bathroom, up on the counter, in the medicine cabinet. Ahhh! A few days after the first Motrin incident I was giving some Motrin to Jacob. I was carrying Jacob- not an easy task:) I had opened the bottle and left the open bottle on the counter. I told myself this was ok because I was just going to give Jacob his medicine and then go right back and put it away. Well, of course I forgot. About 15 minutes later we were all on the couch and I hear a noise in the bathroom. It dawns on me and I go running in to see Andrew dumping the full bottle of Motrin all over the bathroom counter. Well what a mess and a waste of money but I was so glad because I would much rather have it on the counter than in his stomach. I followed this last incident with a very clear statement to Adam that he was very right and I was very wrong:) I think I have learned my lesson. On a side note, I think Andrew also drank a little laundry detergent awhile ago as well. So in the last 4 months or so he has had 2 different kinds of medicine and laundry detergent...great. I should probably memorize the poison control phone number.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can assure you that we've ALL been there and hate to admit it...I was pretty lax in the childproofing dept. and am thankful that nothing serious ever happened...but I know the "Phew" feeling...
or more fitting the "Thank you GOD!" feeling... :)
I am sitting here reading this post as Eli is walking around the house with a "child proof" bottle of motrin!! If Andrew can get into it, Eli might be able to. Maybe I should go take that away from him. :)
No way about your sister's kid holding the Motrin bottle at the same time she was reading this... now THAT is crazy weird!
glad you didn't have to call 911... that boy is too funny and obviously too smart!
Post a Comment