Sunday, March 12, 2006

How much is that doggy in the window?

Our house is a much quieter and peaceful place today. Sorry Grandma and Grandpa, we sent your third grandchild back:) We are now a Graycie free home. I have no problem saying to all those people who told us not to or to wait- you were right and we were wrong. In all seriousness though, she was too much for us and we felt that it was starting to affect the kids. It was not fair to them to have me stressed out and yelling at the dog all day and it was not fair to Danny to get jumped on and nipped at every time he got down off the couch- he had taken to sitting on the back of the couch against the window so the dog couldn't reach him. When we brought the dog back he wasn't even upset, he just said, "Bye Graycie, you're going back!" The breeder was great about it and said that she has had a lot of calls from people who wanted a Great Dane. So Graycie is in good hands and what I thought was caotic before we got the dog now seems peaceful and pleasant. Maybe this was all a good lesson for me...

2 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Oh, I'm so glad the house is less stressful for you now. (and that you're hopefully getting more sleep) I can't even imagine adding a Great Dane to the mix over here, I don't think it would work for the same reasons it didn't over there. Good for you for making the decision that best fit for your family. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for it... you did the right thing!!!

The Boisverts said...

3/15
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Kristiinnnnnn......
Happy Birthday to you!

I'm really grateful the Lord brought you into my life. I admire you and am glad to have you as a new friend. Hope you have a great day and a blessed year!