My birthday was Saturday and I feel so spoiled! The many celebrations started on Thursday. My mom came down to watch the kids and Adam and I left to go have dinner and see a comedy show with our great friends the Boisverts and the Savages. We ate at The Common Man. I wasn't feeling so great so I didn't want dessert. You know my stomach isn't right when I pass on triple layer chocolate cake. That didn't stop them from singing to me over the whole restaurant though. They brought me a small dish of whip cream with a candle in it. We then left to go see Brian Regan. He, and the guy that opened for him, were SO funny and clean- rare. My mom stayed the night and when I got back from my Bible study on Friday she had cleaned my whole house and did laundry before she left. (Thanks mom for watching the kids and cleaning!!) Friday night we went to our small group study and Wendy had made a yummy chocolate pie for my birthday. I came home to a big surprise. My great friend, Jen, had come over and decorated my whole kitchen with balloons, streamers, and a big sign. She had also left a gift on my table of an art class she signed me up for complete with supplies and even money for lunch! I should add that we had tacos that night and I left the kitchen a DISASTER thinking to myself, "It's only the 13 year old babysitter that will see it, I'll just clean it up when I get home." On the way home I was dreading cleaning up the mess and debating if I should clean it up in the morning or get it over with. Poor Jen got to my house and saw the mess so she also cleaned my whole kitchen. AND, on top of that her stomach wasn't feeling well that night. Sorry Jen...but THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Spoiled
My birthday was Saturday and I feel so spoiled! The many celebrations started on Thursday. My mom came down to watch the kids and Adam and I left to go have dinner and see a comedy show with our great friends the Boisverts and the Savages. We ate at The Common Man. I wasn't feeling so great so I didn't want dessert. You know my stomach isn't right when I pass on triple layer chocolate cake. That didn't stop them from singing to me over the whole restaurant though. They brought me a small dish of whip cream with a candle in it. We then left to go see Brian Regan. He, and the guy that opened for him, were SO funny and clean- rare. My mom stayed the night and when I got back from my Bible study on Friday she had cleaned my whole house and did laundry before she left. (Thanks mom for watching the kids and cleaning!!) Friday night we went to our small group study and Wendy had made a yummy chocolate pie for my birthday. I came home to a big surprise. My great friend, Jen, had come over and decorated my whole kitchen with balloons, streamers, and a big sign. She had also left a gift on my table of an art class she signed me up for complete with supplies and even money for lunch! I should add that we had tacos that night and I left the kitchen a DISASTER thinking to myself, "It's only the 13 year old babysitter that will see it, I'll just clean it up when I get home." On the way home I was dreading cleaning up the mess and debating if I should clean it up in the morning or get it over with. Poor Jen got to my house and saw the mess so she also cleaned my whole kitchen. AND, on top of that her stomach wasn't feeling well that night. Sorry Jen...but THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
:-)
So happy to be able to show you how much you mean to me! Soooo glad you had a memorable 30th!!!
Go Jen!!! That looked awesome - so sweet of you:)
Happy Belated Birthday Kristin! What a blessing your friends are. You are a very lucky lady!
Post a Comment