Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Apple picking

I had a supermom day a few weeks ago and decided to make a day of apple picking with the boys. I packed a picnic lunch and told Danny we would make homemade applesauce when we got home. Before we even got out of the car Danny and I were fighting. When we finally started picking apples we were swarmed by some kind of small black flies. I got one in my eye and I am sure I ate some. After 5 minutes Danny was asking to go home. After spending 18$ on 1 bag of apples we had our picnic lunch. When we got home we started on the applesauce. By half way through Danny was in time out, I was angry and left to finish the applesauce by myself. Which, by the way, Danny took one bite of and didn't like. Oh well...the day was beautiful and the apple orchard was as well. Although, considering the cost of the apples I won't go back.



This was Andrew the entire time we were there. He stood like this for 10 minutes until I finally picked him up. If he did not have an apple in his mouth he was screaming.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to be humble around us, Kristin. Adam tells me that every day is a supermom day for you.

steelfamilynh said...

I should have said I INTENDED to have a supermom day. Clearly by the end of the day I was no supermom:)

Karen said...

You're still a supermom in my book:)

The Boisverts said...

Weird, I had posted a comment on this a while back and it didn't make it. I had said that this post cracked me up; it totally explained how some days are as a mom; you get a "great fun idea" and attempt to have a good time and before you know it, it's black flies, cranky kids and a tired mother. :-) But I think that's what makes those times that it "all works out" soooo much sweeter! Thanks for cracking me up.