Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Funny story...well it's funny now
A little background: When we moved into our house I was surprised at how many different house keys we had. There were 2 different ones for the front door, one for the side door, 2 for the basement, and 2 for the door on the deck. They were on my key chain but the only one we ever used was for the side door. If any of you have been to our house lately you know that our side door is pretty much useless. It is hard to even make the doorknob work and really shut the door. So we don't even lock the door anymore. When I left to go to my parents this weekend I closed the door but didn't lock it. We are selling our house so the lock box is on the front door- with my only key yo that door locked in the lock box. I came home last night with Andrew and Jacob and it was past their bedtime and they REALLY needed to sleep. Adam wasn't flying in with Danny until 10. I tried to open the side door and in was locked- someone from one of the showings must have locked it. No big deal I will just try all the keys on my key chain...NONE of them work. Ok, so I run through the snow in my sneakers and try all my keys in the basement door...NONE of them work. I can't get in the front door because of the lock box. I am not sure at this point whose keys are on my key chain but clearly they are of no use to me. I can't get in the windows because obviously we lock all those to keep burglars out:) So I go to my neighbors and ask him to come break my door knob off. He had me call the realtor to see if there was a way for me to get into the lock box. After searching all over my car for 10 minutes for my cell phone (yes the kids are both crying at this point) I call her and there is no way. So Todd breaks the knob off as I assure him we have to replace the whole door anyway. So we are now in the house with packing tape over the big hole where the knob used to be. Not the best thing for our heating bill. I guess now I have to try and figure out my keys. Anyone missing a house key??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kristin, that is so funny... well, sort of! I can imagine it was NOT funny in the least when it was happening you poor girl.
Hey, I think we're missing a key, can I take your keychain sometime and try 'em all out? :-)
Oh goodness - that blasted door! Admit it - you just really wanted to force Adam to replace it TODAY:)
laugh or cry that's what I always say, and I might have done both :) yay for friendly helpful neighbors...
Wen
i've so been there! i once locked the house keys with my plane ticket inside the house. Elizabeth was in the car screaming- it was like 6am on a Saturday and I had to climb around our back porch to get to a dining room window to 'break into' the house- needless to say- the window is locked at all times now!
hope you are all doing well.
missi
Post a Comment